Tamper Evident Peel and Reseal Labelling Solution
Case Study 13 Apr 2005
One of Smith & McLaurin’s (SMCL’s) biggest customers - an innovative supplier to the FMCG market - wanted to quickly develop a tamper-evident peel-and-reseal label which would act as an integral, working part of the packaging rather than as a separate label.
Not only was a suitable film not readily available, it also would have to be custom manufactured and then combined with a food-contact approved adhesive. The entire solution had to be delivered in a short time frame, including manufacturing, print-converting, application and live trials.
COMMUNICATION, COLLABORATION, INNOVATION
Applying advanced technical knowledge of materials and demonstrating a keen understanding of the lifecycle of the product and its end application, the SMCL team:
- Sourced an appropriate film, a customised security solution, modified to suit our application.
- Developed an adhesive, to the customer’s exact requirements.
- Collaborated closely with our manufacturing division to ensure that this product would be fit for purpose as well as innovative.
- Consulted with the customer’s suppliers continuously throughout the process.
- This new construction was delivered to the customer for further testing and approval.
WHAT HAPPENED NEXT
From conception to final product took six months, which helped the customer to fulfil their commitment to the end user on time. The customer was impressed with the quality of the product as well as the speed of delivery. Of particular note was the clarity and regularity of communication between all departments at SMCL, along with support from sales. In providing a pioneering and successful product to a demanding deadline, SMCL reinforced the customer’s belief in our ability to perform under pressure, which bodes well for future projects.