Choose from two types of FSC® certified, direct thermal materials:
- Economy Thermal materials help provide well controlled, short term labelling where there is little chance of the image being contaminated. Also known as ‘Unprotected’ thermals, as they do not have a protective top-coating.
- Top-Coated Thermal materials have a protected coating designed to prevent contamination of the thermally-printed image from condensation, fats, grease, solvents and plasticisers during production and transit.
Popular sellers include:
- T963N FSC®: An economy thermal paper with a high sensitivity response.
- T764 FSC®: A top coated thermal paper with a high sensitivity response.
- T654 FSC®: A top coated thermal paper with a high sensitivity response.
These products are available in combination with our wide range of adhesives or as adhesive-free thicker tags.
Note, minimum order may apply.
Applications and Benefits include
- FSC® chain of custody certification: Smith & McLaurin is an FSC® certified material supplier, so our customers can track the origins of materials and demonstrate that the paper comes from responsibly managed forests.
- Available with a wide range of adhesives: Choose from permanent, removable, freezer, water wash-off, wetpack and hotmelt adhesives to suit most labelling applications.
- Multi-purpose face materials: Economy thermal materials are ideal for short life applications, e.g. in-store food, delicatessen, bakery, fruit and vegetable labelling. Due to their high-sensitivity response these materials are best used for indoor applications and are suitable for labelling household goods, hardware and DIY products.
- High image resistance: Top coated thermal materials combat fading of thermal images
- Sharp and clear print image: Top coated thermals offer better anchorage of flexographic printing inks and a much sharper print result.
- ISEGA and/or FDA approved adhesives for direct and indirect food contact.