What is a Wine Glass Tag?
The wineglass tag name originates from their untraditional shape, they look like a wineglass. Wineglass tags are typically used for food products that are sold in netted bags, for instance, fresh produce such as onions, oranges, and garlic but is also used for bagging wrapped confectionery.
What is Eco Form?
Eco Form is the first recyclable mono-laminate wine glass tag material. This product offers a perfect sustainable tag solution for various net applications – fruit, veg, nuts and chocolate tags. The Eco Form wine glass tag is available in two variations:
- Eco Form Tag 952-165 FSC – a 165gsm tear-resistant, formable tag which includes a semi-resistant thermal top coating.
- Eco Form Silk Tag 165 FSC – This option offers the same properties without the thermal coating to allow all V.I.P to be printed via a thermal transfer ribbon as an alternative to direct thermal.
Explore the Eco Form Brochure
What are the Benefits of Eco Form?
- Replace your current unrecyclable industry-standard bi-laminate tag construction with this first-to-market recyclable and sustainable mono laminate alternative.
- Offers great printability and versatility as the material can be thermal transfer or direct thermally printed.
- Eco Form is made from a mono fiberboard and is FSC certified, presenting incredible sustainability benefits.
- High-strength & tear-resistant due to the presence of long pulp fibres and the unique process involved during the paper making process.
- This unique process ensures that the high strength and tear resistance is a perfect solution for paper-based tag grades such as wine glass applications that previously were only suitable for filmic grades.
- A First to market fully recyclable solution which is able to go through the re-pulping process due to its unique mono laminate construction with no presence of adhesive.
- This unique mono laminate paper-based solution completely negates any liability for the newly introduced plastic packaging tax.
- Provides brands and end-users with a sustainable, recyclable alternative to previously unrecyclable industry-standard wineglass fruit tag materials. Enables your customer to recycle 100% of their packaging and therefore reducing landfill.
- Low minimum order quantities and trial material available, reducing risks and maximising operational efficiency.
What are the Main Applications of EcoForm?
- Netted bags for fresh produce – such as fruit and vegetables.
- Tags for nuts and confectionary nets.
- Any tag applications with tear and durability requirements that previously were only suitable for filmic tags. Further examples are in horticulture, luggage tags etc. subject to further testing.
- Eco Form is also available as a PSL construction using SMCL’s wide range of water-based acrylic and hotmelt adhesives.
- SMCL’s unique thermal coating capability also gives the opportunity for VIP to print using any direct thermal or alternatively any thermal transfer printer.