What is ecoPack?
ecoPack is an award-winning revolutionary one-side coated heat seal and moisture barrier FSC® certified paper that provides a sustainable and translucent alternative to avoidable plastic packaging. ecoPack is recyclable through the paper stream, and is fully repulpable in accordance with the Fibre Box Association protocols (FBA).
ecoPack material won the Environmental & Sustainability Award with Reflex, the printer and converter, at the Sammies 2022.
What are the Benefits of ecoPack?
- Recyclable paper packaging that is adaptable, efficient, and attractive.
- Alternative to multi-material laminate packaging constructions or single-use plastic packaging.
- ecoPack is certified by ISEGA and may be used safely for food packaging, the coated side may stand in direct contact with dry, moist and fatty foodstuffs.
- Recyclable through the paper stream, and is fully repulpable in accordance with the Fibre Box Association protocols (FBA).
- Offers incredible barrier properties including oxygen transmission & moisture vapour barriers, read more about Barrier Packaging.
- Durable paper packaging material which can be recycled.
- HP Indigo coating provides options for multiple designs in a single print run.
- Provides a heat-seal and moisture barrier.
- Provides incredible machinability, reducing the energy required during the converting process.
- High grease resistance.
- Offers great printability using Xeikon, HP Indigo & UV Flexo technologies.
What are the Main Applications of ecoPack?
Due to ecoPack being a paper-based material it is flexible in nature and can be used in various forms:
- Horizontal & Vertical Flow Wrap
- Sandwich Skillets
- Sealed Bags
- Board Lamination
- Pouch and Bag Applications e.g. protein, coffee or hot chocolate sachets
- Flexible Packaging Solutions
What is ecoPack An Alternative to?
- Mixed paper/plastic laminate constructions
- Avoidable mono-material single-use plastic
- Avoidable mixed material foil or metallised laminates as barriers
- Window lamination films, offering paper lamination to create a paper-only construction
- Natural and petroleum-based polymers on a variety of materials including paperboards