Our Two Main Types of Eco Films
- PLA films (white or clear) are fully compostable films derived from corn starch from annually renewable crops. (PLA= Polylactic Acid)
- Cello films (white or clear) are industrial and home compostable films manufactured from regenerated cellulose.
These products are available in combination with our wide range of adhesives or as adhesive-free thicker tags.
Our Popular Sellers
- EarthFirst® C40: A clear, transparent, fully compostable*, PLA based film.
- Clear Cello: A clear, transparent, fully compostable*, cellulose based film.
- White Cello: A white, opaque, fully compostable*, cellulose based film.
* In this context only the face material is certified as compostable.
Note, minimum order may apply.
Applications and Benefits
- Biodegradable and Compostable Face Materials: Both types of films are biodegradable and compostable in accordance with the EN13432 European Standard, which deals with, "The requirements for packaging recoverable through composting and biodegradation ‐ Testing scheme and evaluation criteria for the final acceptance of packaging."
- Available with a wide range of adhesives: Choose from permanent, removable, freezer, water wash-off, wetpack and hotmelt adhesives to suit most labelling applications.
- Ideal for labelling or tagging compostable packaging constructions: Note - only suitable when the label forms less than 1% of the entire packaging. This limitation does not apply to adhesive free tags.
- Printable with a wide variety of print technologies: Suitable for Thermal Transfer printing with many printer/ribbon combinations. The smooth high quality surface is ideal for flexographic and rotogravure printing methods
Note, These face materials have some ink usage and drying restrictions. Contact us or fill out the enquiry form below if you're looking for a product datasheet.